Supporting Environmental Science at Yale
The Yale Institute for Biospheric Studies (YIBS) is the umbrella environmental science center on campus. We support and inspire the environmental community at Yale through research and training, grants and fellowships, and weekly seminars and events. We use a collaborative and cross-disciplinary approach to study the entire biosphere: from molecules to landscapes, and everything in between.
YIBS provides fellowships and funding opportunities for members of the Yale community and for outside scholars.
The YIBS Staff manages operations alongside our multidisciplinary faculty affiliates from schools and departments including Anthropology, Chemistry, Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, the School of Engineering & Applied Science, the Yale School of the Environment and the School of Public Health. We are advised by an External Advisory Board of environmental professionals.
Gaylord Donnelley Postdoctoral Environmental Fellowship
The application process for 2021 is now open. For general information about the application process, please visit the Gaylord Donnelley Postdoctoral Environmental Fellowship page.
- Faculty nominations are due Friday, September 24, 2021.
- Application materials are due Friday, November 19, 2021.
- Awards will be announced on or before Friday, December 17, 2021. The awardees will begin residency at Yale University at a time negotiated with their respective sponsor, starting on or after July 1, 2022.
G. Evelyn Hutchinson Postdoctoral Environmental Fellowship
The cluster application process for 2022 is now open. Applications are due on October 1st. To apply, or for general information about the application process, please visit the G. Evelyn Hutchinson Postdoctoral Environmental Fellowship page.
- Cluster proposals are due Friday, October 1, 2021.
- A committee will select proposals and notify lead faculty by Friday, October 22, 2021 for advertisement.
- Postdoc applications will be due Friday, December 10, 2021.
- Selection committee will select candidates by Friday, December 17, 2021.