YIBS Small Grants Program
Masters Research Grants
The YIBS Small Grants Program Masters Research Grants are intended to help students enrolled in MS programs to conduct their thesis research. The MS Research Grants program funds research in all areas of biospheric studies, however preference is given to proposals describing creative and independent field research.
Eligibility: Masters students earning a terminal MS degree in Epidemiology and Public Health, Forestry and Environmental Studies, Environmental Engineering, or related programs at Yale are eligible to apply. Students must anticipate using the funds in 2018 and are eligible to hold a YIBS MS Research Grant only once.
Maximum Award: $3,000
- Applicant information (see application website) including:
- Project Title
- Contact Information
- Current Program and Year
- Advisor’s Name and Department
- Project Proposal
- Project Description (maximum 2 pages, single-spaced). The project description should identify the intellectual merit of your proposed work, its broader relevance, and describe the methods to be used.
- References (no limit).
- Budget and Budget Justification (1 page).
- Letter(s) of Support
- Please provide at least one letter of support from a faculty member, ideally from your research advisor. This letter should address their support for the project, the potential impact of the project, and the ability of the student to complete the proposed research.
Allowable Expenses: Travel, lodgings, supplies, and equipment related directly to the proposed research are allowable. The total request cannot exceed $3,000 and cannot include salaries.
Application Procedure: Applications (including letters of support and supporting documents) will be submitted via the Student Grants and Fellowships website (search for “YIBS”). Please ensure that you begin the application procedure well in advance of the deadline to ensure adequate time for letters of support to be uploaded by the deadline.