Nominations must be made by a Yale faculty member who must affirm that they will act as mentor and provide research infrastructure if their nominee is selected; direct applications are not accepted.
The nomination letter must explain how the faculty member came to know the nominee, a detailed explanation of why they are worthy of consideration and what makes them an outstanding candidate – including the novelty of the proposed research -, how the nominee’s proposed research and outreach will contribute to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusiveness, and how and why the nominee’s proposed research will complement that of the faculty member’s research group.
The nominator must also explain what research facilities/equipment will be accessible to the nominee.
Nominations, are limited to one per faculty member and should be submitted online. Please submit your letter of nomination in PDF format below.
Nominees are asked to provide the following in PDF format:
- A two-page proposal describing research, outreach, and any contributions to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- An abbreviated Curriculum Vitae with a complete bibliography
- Three letters of recommendation
- One manuscript or reprint of a published work
- Faculty nominations are due Monday, October 23rd, 2023. Nominee’s application materials are due Monday, November 20th, 2023.
- Awards will be announced on or before Friday, December 15th, 2023. The awardees will begin residency at Yale University at a time negotiated with their respective sponsor, starting on or after July 1st, 2024.